Wednesday, 6 June 2012

50th Birthday and the Bucket list update

Before I knew it, it was upon me.  The Big 50 !  I wrote a post some months ago about all the things I'd like to do before I was 50  My 50th Birthday Year Bucket List .  Although it doesn't feel like I achieved many of the things on the list, I didn't do too badly, although some of the things I really hoped would happen didn't.  Does your long term partner/husband still tell you he loves you ?

 Maybe this year.

I did have a fab birthday party.  Despite the awful weather, attended by lots of great friends.  Including lovely people I have met through Twitter.



Great friends Annette and Elaine all of us 50 this year ! We have known each other since our boys were in Kindergarten together from the age of two.




The gorgeous Suzy who is @Atlanta7 on twitter with my favourite Twitter man @onlyDads



What really made it a great night for me was seeing how total strangers all mingled and had fun.  You have twitter peeps, old school friends and the twins school friends here all enjoying each others company.



I have always been blessed with great neighbours seen on the left and right chatting and having fun with th couple in the middle Carol and John who I sell with on a friday at the Topsham handmade and vintage fair.



Another Twitter friend @anotherPlanet looking a little bemused by the end of the night by the antics of one of Jacob's friends.  It was commented on how lovely that teenage boys wanted to be at my 50th Birthday party !  I think @msMollyLouise would agree too.




Towards the end of the night the stunning @msMollyLouise with my erm "happy" No 1 son !!!

There are many more pics from later in the night when the shirts came off and the dancing got "lively" but, well best not on here.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Happy birthday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was for me, "merry" wasn't the word ! xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time and happy birthday to you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, feeling much better about it now that I haven't turned into a crimplene wearing grannie overnight xx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous photos! It looks like you had a fabulous night! Only wish that I lived closer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh me too lovely. It was so wonderful that so many different people who had never met before all got on so well xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had an amazing birthday. I'm so pleased you so deserved it. Big hugs to you lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a smashing party thank you lovely. xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

google analytics