Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Independents Day - Fathers Day



Be an individual, shop Independents


Here we are again on the 29th of the month.   The date each month we celebrate all Independent businesses.  As #IndependentsDay falls a little too late for retailers to send out in time for all things Queens Diamond Jubilee, I thought it might be a good idea to support all those hard working businesses who sell items suitable for celebrating Fathers Day on the Sunday June 17th .

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS


Any type of independent business or even if you have a favourite one you love to support you can join in.


If you have a blog, please write a short post mentioning and linking to three or so independent businesses you follow, buy from or just plain admire. You can of course link to your own business if you want to. Its all about building up the traffic to help people find our businesses.



Leave a comment below with a link to your blog so we can all pop over and take a look. It would be really great if you would link back to this post.

and/or

Tweet about the independent businesses you are supporting and mentioning the hashtag #IndependentsDay

and/or


Link or share this or your own post on your Facebook page and encourage others to share


and/or


Link up your business below


You don't have to be an independent business to get involved or have a blog. Comments, tweets and Facebook mentions will all help enormously.

Here are my selection for this month








Wonderful personalised gifts for the whole family from Moobaacluck









Stylish and unique word art from Wall envy Art







Is the daddy in your life a fisherman ?  How about amazing mosaic wall art from Just Mosaics








and if your budget will stretch to it, how about this stunning chair for Daddy to relax and read the papers. Wonderful Earmes style chair from Rose and Grey

If you are a business don't forget to submit your link below so we can find you.




10 comments:

  1. Fab post and some lovely products, here is ours for this month http://babyduckshop.wordpress.com/2012/05/29/independents-day-29th-may/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for linking up, will pop over and take a peak xx

      Delete
  2. Fabulous idea! I would love to get involved if I can. I like your suggestion for writing a blog post about other independents, so I'm going to plan that very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shona, that would be wonderful. I think its really important that we show support for each other. It can be a really lonely and insecure time when you run your own business xx

      Delete
  3. I'm new to blogging, but I'm loving it. I think this is a great idea and great products

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really love the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also engaged! I’m sure you had joy writing this article.personalised gifts

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd most certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for
    book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.

    I look forward to new updates and will share this blog with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!

    Here is my weblog - snowbird furnished rentals in florida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today, I went to the beach front with my kids.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed.

    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic
    but I had to tell someone!

    my web-site ... vacation home rentals by owner destin fl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gday! My name is Ulrike and I personally just desired to say your
    website rocks! It's amusing due to the fact I use to have a web site that almost had an identical web address: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5502126299987574566&postID=1715749975643855493 mine was only a few letters different. Nonetheless, I'm a big admirer of your blog site and if you at any time want a guest post please make sure
    to email me at: bradyvelazquez@googlemail.com. I love
    writing!

    Also visit my page - national corporate housing corporate headquarters

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

google analytics